This position will join the Rocky Mountain estimating team located in Denver, CO and provide cost estimation on projects throughout the regional area.
Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Create detailed cost estimates arranged to follow the pricing format required by the project
- Research pricing for estimates based on historical and regional costs
- Provide high level scoping of the project to create the estimate summary and outsourcing control worksheets
- Lead outreach to subcontractor and supply community directly
- Visit project work sites, participate in pre-proposal meetings, clarify scope of work, and prepare RFI's
- 10+ years in the industry with 5+ years working as an estimator with knowledge of construction methods and equipment utilization.
- Must have an estimating background with an emphasis in CIP concrete structures, bridges, piling and shoring systems, as well as experience in earthwork, railroads, pipeline, MSE walls, and underground utilities.
- 4 year BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- PE or EIT preferred but not required
- HCSS (Heavybid Software), Agtek, and Primavera P6 strongly preferred