A large leading general contractor seeking an experienced Bridge General Superintendent, with at least 15 years’ experience to work on a bridge project. Experience working on large heavy civil projects over $100M is required. This position for a highly skilled individual who seeks to become a valued member of the team and who wishes to expand their skill set.
- Must have 12+ years experience on heavy civil projects (bridges ideally)
- Must be construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction. Must have experience and be proficient in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control.
- Must have 10 -15 years of experience on construction projects in a superintendent role.
- Have knowledge of Prolog, and Microsoft Excel and Word preferable.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of the management of site logistics and contract operations on tight urban sites.
- BS or MS graduate OR possess equivalent related field experience Strong technical and communication skills are critical.
- Verification of safety compliance with all trades
- Supervision of the actual physical construction of the project in strict accordance with the contract documents.
- Enforcement of safety and quality-control policies.
- Maintenance and planning of reports, work-arounds, shutdowns and tie-ins
- Maintenance of satisfactory relationships with owners, subcontractors, unions, etc.
- Resolution of jurisdictional disputes.
- Direction and day-to-day coordination of trade contractors — and their sub-contractors when required — to ensure they turn out high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule.
- Oversee the duties involving heavy highway construction activities including bridge decks, pre-cast and cast in place applications, retaining walls, drainage structures, falsework and post-tension concrete for heavy civil projects.