View all jobs
Safety EngineerChicago, IL
The Safety Engineer coordinates, implements and monitors all aspects of the corporate safety program at various project locations.
- Conducts comprehensive safety assessments. Recommends corrective plans to project management for unsafe conditions.
- Provides training and education to Company personnel regarding safety requirements and recommends advancements to materials.
- Conducts accident investigations and completes incident reporting for Project Management review.
- Accompanies injured employees to treatment and medical evaluation. Ensures all safety protocols are followed.
- Administers the Company’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, ensuring proper testing for Pre- Employment, Vehicle Authorization, Reasonable Suspicion, Post-Accident, Random, and Follow-Up.
- Facilitates orientation of all project employees to the safety practices required by the Company.
- Provides a weekly safety update to the Regional Safety Manager
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- CHST (Construction Health & Safety Technician) Certification preferred
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in the construction safety field
- Some travel required.
- Required to stand, walk, sit and climb stairs or ladders
- OSHA 30 hour preferred