The General Superintendent is responsible for monitoring the overall construction work for all assigned projects. This includes updating project schedules, managing labor costs, and coordinating Subcontractor and Self Perform work.
- The top priority is providing a safe workplace by partnering with the Safety department, Safety committee, and Project Management to support policies, procedures and practices for establishing a safe workplace.
- Control job progress by managing Subcontractors, solving problems and conflicts, using proper documentation, quality control and safety control techniques on the job.
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of labor, material, and equipment costs.
- Oversee field productivity, cost control, quality control and scheduling to ensure accurate and updated construction schedules and budgets are being met.
- Work with field and project management to address cost and schedule concerns.
- Take an active part in job start / job close meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Project Management to troubleshoot job challenges and update job status
- Communicate and enforce company policies and procedures with field personnel and Subcontractors.
- Provide Leadership through building cooperative relationships, acting systemically, being decisive and taking responsibility.
- Display leadership by being a good role model and striving to promote a positive attitude at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 10+ years of experience in heavy civil construction
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented
- Willing to travel