Responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while ensuring compliance with high level of quality and safety standards. The Equipment Installation Project Manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management
: Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Oversee the installation/relocation of equipment from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Assign resources to the project, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking project costs and expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that activities meet the pre-determined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the company personnel and sub-contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required:
- Bi-lingual in German beneficial, English primary language.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as project manager for equipment installation or construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding and use of PC’s and programs: Microsoft Project; CAD; Excel; Word
- Thorough knowledge of safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Passport (International travel required)
- Strong focus on quality.
Related work experience internationally a plus, but not required.