A contractor is expanding in the Charlotte area and is seeking an experienced Bridge Superintendent
. The candidate must have 7+ years experienced on bridge projects $100M+. The Superintendent directs all the field construction activities and is responsible for coordinating the efforts of all direct-hire job personnel and subcontractors.
- Directly supervises Structures Crews
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations
- Cost control
- Attend coordination and production meetings with the PM to develop activities and amend possible problems related to structures.
- Minimum of five years experience in similar role
- Structures and bridges construction experience over $100M