Seeking someone with an incredible track record of honesty and integrity who would be responsible for the company's financial well being... Ability to Forecast Budgets, work in progress reports, manage all accounts receivable and payable, share trends or information to senior staff , as needed to keep the company aware of future losses and or gains.
A true wizard of accounting and finance within the Construction industry.
The Controller shall have responsibility for the financial management of the company, including, without limitation:
- Providing monthly financial reports to Regional and Corporate Management;
- Preparing detailed Project and division overhead cost / revenue forecasts;
- Participate in monthly financial review covering all aspect of the division activities for the month with Senior Corporate Management
- Maintaining a control environment consistent with SOP’s
- Cash forecasting and management
- Hire, train and develop qualified motivated staff;
- Perform responsibilities in a “Hands-on” team environment;
- Oversees the preparation, evaluation and accuracy of budgets and other financial operating reports;
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of reports that summarize and forecast the financial position in regards to income and expenses and budget versus actual performance;
- Monitor and report actual results vs. key business performance indicators. Provide management with continuous improvement plans to sustain and drive improvements throughout the business;
- Analyze financial reports for variances from forecasted, budgeted, and benchmarked performance and provide recommendations to management team;
- Review operating expenses and provide recommendation to management on ideas for cost reductions and lead a monthly SG&A review process;
- Review financial aspects of Major Bids, including purchase/lease analysis for equipment, projected cash flow, insurance, and property taxes.
- Participate in the development and update of the strategic plan; and
- Maintain contact and rapport with joint venture accounting staff and management
- File annual property tax renditions and represent region in any appraisal protest
- Review and approve all check edits prior to payment
- Review and approve all payroll edits prior to posting
- Ensure that Balance Sheet Reconciliations are performed on a monthly basis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10-15 years of financial management experience. Prefer a minimum of 5 years experience in the engineering, construction or professional services industry.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to collect and assemble data for the development of financial reports.
- Ability to analyze complex information and formulate decisions.
- Knowledge of financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively with operations.
- Strong PC skills and software proficiency.
- Strong managerial/leadership skills.
- Budgeting and financial analysis skills.