Serve as a Systems Engineer in the conceptual, preliminary and final design for complex rail transit projects. Responsibilities include:
- Work with a team in coordinating systems engineering design and construction services for rail transit projects involving traction power, signaling and train control equipment, SCADA, APM OS, substations and signal buildings, public address equipment, voice and data communication, telephones, fiber optic, CCTV, security alarm, fire detection and suppression, computer systems, and systems integration testing and startup activities.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of design drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Assuring accuracy of the work produced by the design team and contractors, including plans, specifications and estimates.
- Responsible for interfacing with the other disciplines to insure proper coordination of the systems aspects of the project.
- Assures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Interface with the Systems Contract Manager to determine schedules, monitor design progress, oversee field work, and coordinate T&C activities.
Skills and Competencies:
- 6+ years of related work experience is required.
- Understanding of construction means and methods with previous subcontract management experience desired.
- Knowledge of the principles of traction power and signaling systems. In addition, knowledge of communications and central control facilities is desirable.
- Familiarity with rail transit industry standards, practices, and regulations is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineer registration is a plus.
- Experience in design and/or construction management of rail transit systems such as traction power substations, APM OS, signals/train control, and communications is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Previous experience with CoreWorx Interface Mgmt package a plus.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment
- Willing to work 60 hours/week and weekends when necessary.
- Willing to relocate to Los Angeles, California, if not local.