Support APM OS integration with non-APM systems and LAWA networks. Responsibilities include:
- Developing Systems Integration and Interface Management Plans
- Develop Integration Test and Acceptance plans including testing forms, procedures for testing, and approval steps.
- Coordinate and integrate all System interfaces so that the System is properly integrated with itself, existing systems, and into the Project area, including the right-of-way, the surrounding communities, and all facilities, equipment, and data provided by others.
- Establish and maintain a systematic, documented, comprehensive, and verifiable systems integration process to be applied throughout the duration of the Project.
- Assuring accuracy of the work produced by the design team and contractors, including plans, specifications and estimates.
- Responsible for interfacing with the other disciplines to insure proper coordination of the systems aspects of the project.
- The ideal candidate will have broad engineering skills and must have experience with the design and construction of rail infrastructure systems, integrating communications, train control and electrical systems.
- The candidate must be able to evaluate design changes for impacts to interfaces.
- The candidate will be responsible for interface management and requirements fulfillment and will provide direction to project engineering teams in order to achieve Owner specified technical requirements and schedules.
- Develop and coordinate Interface Control Documents.
- Develop and Maintain Systems Interface Matrix.
- Provide oversight of systems integration testing.
- Provide oversight of systems acceptance testing.
- Interface with the Systems Manager to determine schedules, monitor design progress, support systems integration, and coordinate T&C activities.
Skills and Competencies:
- 15+ years of progressive experience in transit system designs or Systems Integration.
- Experience in design and/or construction management of rail transit systems such as traction power substations, APM OS, signals/train control, and communications is preferred.
- Previous systems engineering and integration experience on large transit projects.
- Knowledge of railroading, signaling, communications, vehicles, and other railroad technology including requirements management software is preferred.
- Track record of interface management, systems integration, system acceptance and rail safety certification.
- Understanding of construction means and methods.
- Knowledge of the principles of traction power and signaling systems. In addition, knowledge of communications and central control facilities is desirable.
- Familiarity with rail transit industry standards, practices, and regulations is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer registration is a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative, drive, leadership, communication, & interpersonal skills.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity and manage engineering staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Previous experience with CoreWorx Interface Mgmt package or similar.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Excellent organization and planning.
- Willing to work 60 hours/week and weekends when necessary.
- Willing to relocate to Los Angeles, California, if not local.