A family-owned company, offering clients the accessibility of a local firm, with the stability and resources of the largest contractor in the Midwest. Leveraging the individual strengths of our companies, we collectively provide client with more resources, capability, experience and value than any other self-performing contractor. Project range includes buildings, heavy civil/industrial, marine, material supply, natural gas, pipelines, power, transportation, and water/wastewater facilities.
We are expanding and looking for a talented Bridge Estimator
in the Columbus area. The candidate must have experience in estimating on bridges, roads, highways etc.. The candidate must be ready to hit the ground running. Candidate must also be able to prepare and/or coordinate complete estimates including analyzing specifications, proposals, takeoffs and other documentation to prepare estimates.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Assist in preparation of bid schedules of projects being estimated.
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors.
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors if necessary.
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period.
- Partner with other estimators to turn project over to production team.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits.
- Advise on major changes in scope of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10 years related experience if not degreed in a related field of study.
- Minimum 2 years of Structures Estimating for heavy civil projects. (Highway, Rail, Bridge or Airport infrastructure)
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software preferred