A well established civil contractor is expanding and seeking an experienced Area Manager
in the Charleston area. The candidate must have 10+ years in a management role in civil fields such as: water resources, industrial, pipeline services, manufacturing, utilities, etc.. The candidate must be ready to hit the ground running. The area manager will be responsible for providing direction and leadership to this growing region. You will develop and implement strategic and tactical operational plans in order to surpass the overall project objectives, delivering projects safely, on time, within budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Creates, manages, and executes the development plan to meet portfolio returns and goals of the Development team.
- Ensures quality control standards for construction (e.g., cost, timing, site building design layout, specifications).
- Negotiates terms and conditions of construction agreements (e.g., price, timing).
- Assembles and presents construction contracts packages to management for approval.
- Works with department to secure all required approvals.
- Ensures projects are closed out appropriately (e.g., punch-list, contractor documentation, collection of O/O extra checks, collection of third part receivables, invoicing, adherence to construction-related accounting principles).
- Communicates effectively and candidly
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum of five years construction management, estimating, and/or craft supervision experience in similar facility construction.